Looking Back at Aspex, The Inventors Ambassador Experience

My time as an ambassador for the Aspex, The Inventors Summer Project has come to an end. 

The talk where probably what I found the most interesting. The Apex team had bought in visiting speakers who were in certain fields. It is one of the most informative things to have people in the know come and talk.

What I joined this program for was to get some experience in curation, however, unfortunately I didn't actually do any. 

I did however, take part in two workshops working with children. In the first one I helped artist John Lockhart with a workshops he held with year 9s at a school in Gosport. It was really great to see how he worked, he really got the class involved after a little prompting. It was interesting for me to see how an art class might work too as teaching is something I have been thinking about. 




Another workshop that I helped with was at Aspex as part of their Holiday Arts Club. I has never worked with children this young but I really enjoyed it. I liked that the workshop was responding to the artwork in the gallery too. 

We also worked at victorious. I was working in the Kids Arena and as it rained all day and we were in a tent, we were very busy! It was pretty fun helping the kids make trophies and rain makers (not that they were needed!). 

I was only there on the Sunday and Monday but here are some photos taken on the Saturday: here.

Overall, a pretty good experience, I was thankful for the nowledge from people in the field and to spend some more time in the gallery. I am also thankful for the workshops with the kids, it was interesting to interact with people of a different age group and talking to them about creative ideas. 

Now looking forward to The Inventors end of Summer party! 

Thanks Apex.

Comments

Popular Posts