Zines From Zineopolis

I feel humbled at the amazing work hidden within the Illustration studios at Portsmouth Uni. At the far end of the studio, after battling through a sea of students, tinny music from phones, scraps of paper and Bob, you get to Zineopolis

I spent a good few hours going through the whole collection (there is a catalogued  but I need to actually hold things in my hands). There are some really inspiring Zines in here, all Art Zines which don't have a lot of text within them. This is a shame for me as I was looking for Zines that had a variety of text an image for research on developing my own set of Zines. 

I photographed some of the ones I found most useful to me.




I went on Puttytwist.com and there is a lot of illustrations based around sport.


Emma Rendel



AUCB Collective. Various coloured papers used.



Long ways.


I like the use of a different paper to cover the book and the fact that this has been screen printed on.


Black ink on black paper is awesome.


I like the use of tracing paper on the front, I like the way it dulls the bright orange. It also has areas that you can fold out. 


Animea Mal Nata

Le Dernier Cri Collective
There where a few Zines by this Collective and I thought they where amazing. I love the disturbing imagery and these are also really nice to hold as they are screen printed. Check out the detail and colours in these Zines! I love it when this work can be done by a manual process. I has a look at their website, see here, and loved this too. It outlines what their about but more than that it feels just as grimey as the Zines, with static playing in the background. 







Comments

Popular Posts